Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Project Parameters?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
revitworkbench
1592 Views, 6 Replies

Linking Project Parameters?

Is there a way to link parameters of an object to itself? Like, if you want to set one instance parameter equal to another one? Or add a function to it? Like create a project parameter "level" to a duct or pipe and then set it to equal the reference level, so that you can schedule it? Or add a known function to it? ie: "Parameter B = Parameter A*2" Like in the family editor? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Project Parameters (or Shared Parameters that have been added to the Project as such) cannot be assigned any kind of formula or linked to the value of another parameter. However, one can achieve a formulaic result only within Schedules by employing Calculated Values. Unfortunately, Calculated Values cannot be used outside of the Schedule, and thus cannot be used for such things as View Filter rules or be included in Tags.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Ok, well then, is it possible to export the "offset" parameter which refers to the reference level that it is assigned to a dwf? Right now, for my pipes, the only thing it is exporting is invert elevation and Im getting astronomical numbers because it is measuring way down to the ground and they are useless this way. Thanks

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

Sorry - I'm not following exactly. Can you elaborate a little more on your situation and what your ultimate goal is?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have a crew that uses DWF files in the field. There are a number of properties that transfer over smoothly from revit to the DWF, however some do not. Ive found I can create certain parameters that can be exported during the conversion to DWF and Im trying to find a work around to export those properties and parameters that are not currently being exported, to be exported by creating another parameter. I realize from your first response that this is probably not possible, but Im desperate for a solution that will allow me to strong arm this. Like is there a DWF export options bar or something somewhere? How do I pull the hood of this black box and get my hands on what is being exported?

Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

I'm not terribly familiar with exporting to DWF so when I get a moment, I'll dig into it and see what I can find.

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun

I've experimented with this a bit, and I don't think that this is possible. Even if I create a Project Parameter (Instance/Length) for the Pipe Category, it doesn't appear to carry over to the exported DWF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report