Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Revit Model does not open in Electrical project template

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
subrato.roy.design
664 Views, 2 Replies

Linked Revit Model does not open in Electrical project template

Hello,

I inserted a revit project as revit link in a new electrical project. This is so I can create circuits, wiring and conduits to my building. Once the revit link is in the electrical project, a little window pops up saying that "Nested Links are Invisible". And it should be set to attachment in the Manage Links icon. I go to the Manage Links icon, I switch the reference from overlay to attachment. Reload it. And nothing is there.  

The lighting and power floor plans are completely blank. However the model does appear in elevations and 3D  view greyed out.

This perplexing because I did not have this problem when I inserted the revit model link in the mechanical project so I could work on the HVAC and plumbing fixtures. 

Any help and assistance to solve this problem would be appreciated. Thank you. 

-Subrato Roy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: subrato.roy.design

The message is about the links within the linked model, not yours.  Open the file and inspect the links see if they need to show in your model.  If so, change them from Overlay to Attachment, save, and reload in your model.  Do not set anything to attachment if they don't need to show in your model.

Message 3 of 3
subrato.roy.design
in reply to: ToanDN

I just resolved my issue. The floor were there, expanded past the origin in paper space. And I brought it back.
I am starting to work on the electrical plan. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report