Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keynote numbering changes if the first instance of keynote is deleted

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alfredo.aceves1
264 Views, 4 Replies

Keynote numbering changes if the first instance of keynote is deleted

Hello,

To clarify further from the title, I essentially have tagged multiple elements with the same keynote, however, I no longer need the first instance of this keynote to tag the element it is tagging. If I delete the keynote, all of the other instances get renumber to the next number in the keynote sequence. Is there a way to prevent the renumbering from happening? I do have a solution, but there is an additional issue to my problem. The solution is to just delete one of the other instances of the keynote and just retag the first instance to the element of the deleted keynote. The issue is that I am working with two views. Let's say view 1 and view 2. I no longer need view 1 on the sheet, however, view 1 has a keynote that I still need for view 2. If I add the keynote to view 2 and try to remove view 1 from the sheet, the keynote gets renumbered since the first instance of the keynote is no longer on the sheet. Aside from the solution I mentioned before, the only other solution that comes to mind is to just remove all the keynote numbers following the keynote I want and retag all the elements to maintain the number sequence. Does anyone have any ideas for this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are you numbering by keynote or by sheet?

iainsavage_0-1720469039662.pngiainsavage_1-1720469093724.png

Message 3 of 5

I am numbering by sheet. It looks like numbering from keynote works better for my issue, but the number sequence that the keynote next file uses is not 1,2,3, etc. which means I would have change the keynote values for all keynotes. This would probably take a bit more effort than just retagging all of my elements to fix the numbering.
Message 4 of 5

I have always numbered by keynote so that you have consistent numbering across the whole project so number 10 on one sheet is the same type of element as number 10 on another sheet, but that was just my preference.

Message 5 of 5

I see. Usually, I work with electrical and plumbing engineers on the same revit project, so it seems this method would conflict with their keynotes. My employer's keynote txt file template uses "E01, P01, M01"... etc. so the keynotes for each discipline wont start with "1" which isn't the end of the world, but they required that the keynote legends be consistent with their numbering which the numbering by sheet option provides. I'll keep this in mind though. It seems like it could be a solution for someone else, so I'll go ahead and mark it as a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report