Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance Type panel schedule parameters

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sragan
549 Views, 4 Replies

Instance Type panel schedule parameters

Is it possible to add an instance parameter to an electrical panel and then have it show up on a panel schedule?   

I tried doing this by adding an instance parameter to the panel, but when I go to edit a panel schedule, it doesn't show up in the list of available parameters.  The only parameters that are available are electrical equipment parameters and project parameters.

I also tried adding a shared parameter, both in the project and in the panel itself.  Again, its not available when editing panel schedules.

The reason I ask is that we currently have a couple of lines in our panel schedules that are just text, but I'm tired of loosing these every time a panel schedule template is applied.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
s.borello
in reply to: sragan

Try a shared parameter.

Message 3 of 5
sragan
in reply to: s.borello

As I mentioned above, I did try a shared parameter.

Is there some way to designate the shared parameter as an "electrical equipment " parameter?

Message 4 of 5
dtiemeyer

You need to edit your Panel Schedule Template. Also, I believe this only works to add the shared parameter as a project parameter associated to electrical equipment.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 5 of 5
sragan

Thanks.   Doing a project parameter was the key.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators