Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing IFC model to revit MEP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vladyslavr
274 Views, 2 Replies

Importing IFC model to revit MEP

Hi,

I imported IFC to revit by default IFC mapping options and default revit template. I wanted to get result with categories according to the mapping, but all of elements imported as "generic models" ? why? Also I have question how to import as much data from IFC as possible. In my case was imported data from "properties", but not columns from IFC structure "name" and "description"

vladyslavr_0-1650458147037.png

If its important model was exported to IFC from archicad, but I dont know who did it and with which set ups

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vladyslavr
in reply to: vladyslavr

The only which I found solution for pipes, but it works not with every IFC. It works with IFC files which I export from my revit model, but did not work with couple other third party(not revit, archicad for example) IFC which I've got and which were done not by me. I dont know, maybe its issues in tweaks, maybe in something else

Message 3 of 3
fabiosato
in reply to: vladyslavr

Hello,

If IFC class mapping is not performed during the export in the native tool, you will not be able to recover them.

Mapping is very important when exporting and importing.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report