Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Excel Into Revit using dynamo

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
9404 Views, 1 Reply

Import Excel Into Revit using dynamo

Hello.

Im a new user of dynamo and would like to import an Excel schedule into revit, using dynamo.

i cant figured out what im missing in this dynamo, or if there is another way to do this?

ive detached my dynamo, excel and a revit schedule ive created as a key schedule.

thanks on beforehand 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rudi.roux
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

A few comments which I have with regards to your post, it looks like you created a Revit Schedule with "dummy" parameters which will then be used to read the info from Excel, with various grouped/merged headers. 

I would firstly use Shared Parameters as the "dummy" columns in your schedule, then you can either use Dynamo or a Add-In from BIMOne to read and write data between Revit and Excel. If the data needs to read from elements in Revit to Excel and then back by means of using Dynamo, then an important thing to do is to export the GUID of each element along with the rest of the data with Dynamo and then edit content in Excel and read the data back into Revit. 

Here is a VIDEO which you can watch which will help you. 

Here is a POST with pictures on the DynamoBIM Forum which will help you. 

Here is a link to the BIMOne Addin which I talked about. 

Each of the aforementioned will assist you, if you're still struggling after going through the above-mentioned solutions, then I would use the DynamoBIM Forum and post your Dynamo Script along with a sample Revit and Excel file there. The "Python Script" Node which you are currently using is currently holding you back. 

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report