Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC made by Archicad model jagged in Revit and NW but fine in another software

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1196 Views, 7 Replies

IFC made by Archicad model jagged in Revit and NW but fine in another software

Hello revit users,

Thank you for stopping by,

The architect sent me an IFC created in archicad,

For both oppening it as IFC or inserting it, I got jagged walls and objects, everything zigzaged,

beside of that if I go 3D view I can't find the building, I gotta go and select the building then click the 3D selection zone button to see a 3d view.

If I oppen the model in a free software like BIMvision all is neat and tidy as it should be.

Did you encounter these problems, should I ask the architect to export the IFC with certain parametres for revit?

Thank you.

RevitRevit

BIMVisionBIMVision

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mpeperkamp
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

Maybe this addin can help you further:

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/ifc/

Archicad Connection plugin for Autodesk Revit

IFC Model Exchange with Archicad is a free Add-In for Autodesk Revit. The Add-In improves the IFC model-based and bi-directional data exchange between GRAPHISOFT® Archicad® and Autodesk® Revit®.

Download Archicad Connection plugin for Autodesk Revit

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Best regards,
Michiel Peperkamp
Cadac Group AEC
Cadac Group
Platinum Partner
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mpeperkamp

Hello thank you for the feedback.

I use archicad plugin however this is the 1st time that I get such a result, 

the thing is that I don't know what to ask the architect as a modification in his export from archicad as an IFC

Message 4 of 8
fabiosato

Hello,

I have this procedure, written in portuguese, but it may help you, also the screenshots in ArchiCAD relates to the portuguese version.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
office
in reply to: fabiosato

Your PDF is what im searching ! Its hard to know what i should tell the Architect.

Can you make this in English too?

It would be great if there comes a generall Guide from Autodesk what setting we need in Archicad export to have a usefull Building modell where we can work with our MEP. The IFC Guide from Autodesk is good to have but not helpfull enough.

Message 6 of 8
_Lachlan_

This looks similar to what happens when objects are too far away from the internal origin of Revit. Maybe try moving the origin inside the IFC before importing it. Or import the IFC open the RVT file it creats and check how far from the internal origin it is and move eveything closer.

Message 7 of 8
fabiosato
in reply to: office

Hello,

This is a company procedure, but it is allowed to be shared.

I may consider translating it into english.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
office
in reply to: fabiosato

Thx for sharing, translatet it with google and it helped, export worked with this settings

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report