Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load Routing prefrennces at once?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
danezeq
803 Views, 3 Replies

How to load Routing prefrennces at once?

Hey

recently, i started a new HVAC project. in this project i had Routing prefrennces all set (for round, oval and rectangular ducts).

i didn't set all the Routing prefrennces. somehow it was already set.

Now i started a new HVAC project *with the same template* and surprice - i DONT have Routing prefrennces set! i need to set them from scrach.

i'm wondering how i got all Routing prefrennces set from the first place (in the first project). it's wierd beacuse *I* was the one who started the project.

is there any way to load all the Routing prefrennces (for round, oval and rectangular ducts) at once?

i tried transfer project standards and it didn't copy the Routing prefrennces

a mystery.

DUCT RO.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Matt__W
in reply to: danezeq

If you simply copy/paste a piece of pipe/duct from the old project (with routing preferences) to the new project (withOUT routing preferences) it will copy over all of the fittings and routing preferences. But if the pipe/duct type already exists in the new project, it will not overwrite any of the routing preferences already set up.

The best thing to do would be to set up your routing preferences in a template that way you only have to do it once.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 3 of 4
danezeq
in reply to: Matt__W

Thank you very much for your answer. i'll try make it on template.

first i'll search how to make my own tempplate. i have no idea.

🙂

Message 4 of 4
fabiosato
in reply to: danezeq

Hello,

Some suggestion, define the basics, line patterns, line weights, line styles, dimension styles, text sizes, and all other graphics.

Despite being possible to do it later, if you can define these things, they will save a lot of time.

I guess from your posts that you work with HVAC, so defining the graphics, colors and line patterns for the duct and pipe systems will help you.

Then try to define the most you can the content you need in your projects, from components, duct and pipe types, fittings, don´t forget the tags!

This is plenty of work, but I hope to give you some direction.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report