Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ignore the color change for Revit family

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rafilathif
2263 Views, 9 Replies

How to ignore the color change for Revit family

Hello there, 

I have a question about changing the color automatically for the family. 

Currently, I'm looking for Mechanical Equipment that does not change its color automatically it needs to be the same material when I connect the Duct or pipe color. it needs to be in 2D and 3D View 

I tried a two Different method  

1. Assign the System Graphics overrides and apply the materials 
  2. Assign the condition Filters using parameters

But I'm not getting the final result that I expected. 

Ok, let's make it clear for everyone. When I do the above 2 methods I got the result 

1. Using the first method. All families change the system colors and materials 
  2. Using the second method. It's Work in 2D not in 3D  

I need Everywhere the Mechanical Equipment looks like this 

rafilathif_0-1648626981927.png

You may have been Questioning with Confused that already got the result then what you need more. 

This has happened because the Revit itself got confused. This family is used to connect two systems that are Supply and Return air. The Revit doesn't know which color can be assigned to the family being a blind eye the Revit remove the overrides colors 

If you have more than one system connection it's ok I can achieve But this is not happening all the time Look here 

rafilathif_1-1648628310481.png

Please refer to the screenshot for the Different between the 2 methods. Screenshot named Mathods.png

Please refer to the screenshot for the first method. Screenshot named condition Filters.png

Please refer to the screenshot for the Second method. Screenshot named System Graphics overrides.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
RobDraw
in reply to: rafilathif

You will gain more control without system graphic overrides. They affect too much without any flexibility. Filters are much more controllable. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 10
rafilathif

Thanks for your reply, dear RobDraw. unfortunately, I didn't get a solution from the above replay 

Yes, I understand that the filter is more controllable since they have a logical condition option. Doing that filter I didn't achieve the 3D model result 

The duct color does not change. Do you know any idea how to change the Duct/Pipe in a 3D view? look here the screenshot please 

rafilathif_0-1648639091401.png

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

I Agree with this Quote, If there is no solution for anything in Revit we can raise a New Idea the Autodesk team can implement in the feature updates 

Regards
Rafilathif 

Message 4 of 10
iainsavage

You could add a dummy connector to the family for a pipe, then in the project connect a pipe to it and then delete it. The family will then have two systems and will ignore system graphic overrides.

Message 5 of 10
rafilathif

Yes, this is also what I thought to make a family. But I have a Question making the Dummy connection will not make any impact on the Energy analysis, Pressure drops calculation, or heat and cooling load calculation?

rafilathif_0-1648732079953.png

Regards

Rafilathif 

Message 6 of 10
iainsavage

Make it Other classification, or Fire Protection Dry or something which will not affect calculations. I’ll test out a view filter later.

Message 7 of 10
iainsavage
in reply to: iainsavage

I checked filter settings using just Mechanical Equipment as the affected category and it works fine for overriding the system graphics - in this case I set it to black.

Is that what you wanted?

iainsavage_0-1648754762751.png

Message 8 of 10
rafilathif
in reply to: iainsavage

This is work for me, Thanks
Message 9 of 10
BIM.Champ

We were facing the same issue with all our Mec equip and duct accessories. We wanted the clearance zones to stay as "Clearance" material. 

Below is the solution we came up with. We chose to add an electrical connector to family, but we use electrical systems in our projects so we assigned "Controls" as the connector type. This creates a dummy Controls connected system for each element, but as we dont use controls it hasnt caused any issues in the project.

Hope this helps.

2023-04-13 10_21_27-12.jpg

Message 10 of 10
tmay_engr
in reply to: BIM.Champ

It’s work for me. Thank u so much☺️

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report