Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the Element ID of a shared parameter?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BalajiHTI
1945 Views, 3 Replies

How to find the Element ID of a shared parameter?

Hello,

We work in a worksharing project and frequently reload the families in the project.

The problem is, one of the Shared parameter if different families got changed in different versions of the family, and while reloading, everytime it creates a permission request. Is there any way to identify which shared parameter is causing the conflict?

Shared Parameter Conflict.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BalajiHTI

What your seeing in that alert message is an element ID #. You can search for that element by going to Manage-->Select by ID. This will zoom to the element in question. You can proceed from there as to finding out why there is a conflict.

If you want to know the actual shared parameter guid (Globally Unique Identifier) than you'll have to open the shared parameter txt file and you'll see it there.

You need to find out what user MKN has done. 

Have they created their own shared parameter file?

Did he modify the shared parameter file? (DON'T DO THIS).

This is just going to take a little research on your end.

good luck.

Message 3 of 4
BalajiHTI
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried in many ways but couldn't which shared parameter is causing the problem. And No, we don't manually edit the Shared Parameter TXT File. But at some point of the project, someone moved the shared parameter file from local server and modified it in Revit.

I found out the reason for Permission Request by the way, that the Standards workset named Shared Parameter is borrowed by a user when a new parameter is created. When someone else tries to load a family with different version of the Shared parameter, the error is occuring. 

Thanks for the suggestions by the way Jrobker!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BalajiHTI

Oh. I see. You have a workset called shared parameters. 

Glad you solved it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report