Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add parametric logo on the pipe fitting?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
272 Views, 4 Replies

how to add parametric logo on the pipe fitting?

Hi,

I don’t think so its possible in Revit to Add parametric Logo on a pipe fitting which is require for the manufacturer content for Revit just like families.

I am trying to create family content for a manufacturer they want their logo on their products it should be parametric.

When fitting size change, logo should automatically change the size accordingly.

It should be a 3D text or 3D Extruded solid logo. is there somebody who trying the same and done in Revit in any other way.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nmarcelis
in reply to: Anonymous

Please, don't do this.

There are other ways to brand their pipes.

source: Im BIM manager in a large sanitary and HVAC distributor in Europe.

Revit Certified Professional Architecture, Structure and MEP.
Message 3 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: nmarcelis

@nmarcelis wrote:

Please, don't do this.

The OP is being asked be their employer/client to do something. If you are going to advise against it, just saying it does not hold any water. You need to back it up with some solid reasoning as to why it shouldn't be done. Granted it might be difficult but it might be easy. It depends on what exactly is needed. It's not an unreasonable request.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 5
nmarcelis
in reply to: RobDraw

Its true that my answer was a light and not really constructive.

I have had several qustions from manufacturers about family creation and branding.

From my experience, creating a pipe (fitting) thats to heavy on resources wont be used often.

It does hower depend on the type of object.

I give you 2 examples of a family:

A Barco projector that has been clearly overengineered.

barco projector.PNG

A pump from grundfoss. Reasonable details that are usefull.

grundfoss.PNG

Its not because a client demands that their logo is on it, its a usefull thing to do.

Also depending on the region, when its a project for an architectural competition, it's forbidden to included brand in the objects.

Im available for more information if this is needed.

Revit Certified Professional Architecture, Structure and MEP.
Message 5 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: nmarcelis

All of that is irrelevant when you are working for the manufacturer who's real life parts have their logo on it and would like their families to look the same. The people using the families can delete the logo if they so choose.

The OP came here for help in how to do this. Since you are so experienced this, maybe you could help them out with a couple ways to accomplish it?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report