Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the "Share Ground Conductor" setting for Wires?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jordenXTK9V
272 Views, 1 Reply

How do I change the "Share Ground Conductor" setting for Wires?

I have an issue where Revit is combining the ground conductors when there are multiple runs of wire. 

For example, in this screenshot Revit correctly calculates that (3) ground conductors are needed in the "Ground Conductors" property. However the "Wire Size" property has combined those (3) grounds into (1) ground. It has also combined the neutrals:

revit combining ground.png

I imagine there are cases where this is desirable behavior, but in this case I need to tell Revit not to combine the grounds and neutrals.

I've searched the circuit settings, wire settings, panel settings, distribution system settings, wiring types settings, but I haven't found what I need. The closest thing I've found so far is that when setting up a Wiring Tag Label, one of the parameters available to put in Wiring Tags is called "Share Ground Conductor": 

revit share ground conductor.png

This sounds like exactly the setting I'm looking for. When I apply that label to the wire, it shows the value of "Share Ground Conductor" is YES, so it's possible that this setting governs the behavior I want to change.

Does anyone know if "Share Ground Conductor" is the setting I'm looking for? If so, do you know how to change it?

In case it's helpful, here are my distribution system and wiring type settings that are being used in this case: distribution system.png

Wiring Type.png

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jonathanJC32L
in reply to: jordenXTK9V

I think the parameter you're looking for is actually a Family parameter of Wires:

jonathanJC32L_0-1681321904398.png

jonathanJC32L_1-1681321919199.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report