Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flange families behaving differently

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sagnewYUXLR
191 Views, 3 Replies

Flange families behaving differently

Hi there, 

I created a flange family for an ASA 150 flange using a PN16 family i had already created. 

dimension wise everything comes in ok apart from one thing which behaves differently. 

on the pn16 flange when i turn the gasket off/on on one of the flanges to maintain the gasket gap the pipe automatically updates with the flange but on the ASA on it doesnt? the gasket gap is different is 3mm on the PN16 and 1.5mm on the ASA flange. i am just wondering if there's a reason why this would be?

sagnewYUXLR_1-1700093998764.pngsagnewYUXLR_0-1700093963706.png

pipe moves the 3mm and stays connected 

on the asa 150 below when i turn one of the gaskets off the pipe doesnt move with the gasket and the gap comes in at 1.6mm?

sagnewYUXLR_2-1700094099670.pngsagnewYUXLR_3-1700094160358.png

however if i join them together with no pipe and turn one of the gaskets off it has the 3mm gap

sagnewYUXLR_4-1700094279088.png

just wondering if anyone would know why this would be, is it the new gasket thickness causing the issue?

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
fabiosato
in reply to: sagnewYUXLR

Hello,

The face or plane you used to place the pipe connector may be causing this behavior.

If you upload the family, we can check it.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
sagnewYUXLR
in reply to: fabiosato

thanks I've attached the PN16 ones which have 3mm gap and work correctly and the ASA 150 ones which have a 1.5mm gap and don't work as expected. 

many thanks much appreciated 

Message 4 of 4
craigjonnson
in reply to: sagnewYUXLR

Start with setting all of your reference planes to "not a reference" this will remove the possibility of your geometry being stretched. 

Your gasket thickness is based on an uncompressed thickness, this should be reduced to 10% of the overall thickness. In this case 0.3mm. This is too thin for a revit extrusion, so you could forget about the gasket altogether. This would fix your issue, as the way your family is setup, its not quantifying gaskets.

Additionally, your connector on the pipe weld side should be approx. 1.6mm inside the face of the flange, the pipe slides into the flange and is welded, not welded onto the back face.

craigjonnson_0-1700449080665.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report