Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family: exhaust air hood

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ingrida_lozoraityte
241 Views, 4 Replies

Family: exhaust air hood

I have created  a family of round exhaust air hood. However, when I  load the family into the project and connect it to the circuits duct, the hood turns upside down. How can I to make the family not to rotate?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

It will depend on how you have orientated the objects and connector in the family and also whether you are using a floor plan or ceiling plan view.

If you upload your family by attaching to a reply (use the Attachments box down below your reply) then someone could look into the family and advise you.

Message 3 of 5

I have used the floor plan view.

Message 4 of 5

Looks like a tapered weatherhood.

When using the original family file, the weatherhood does flip upside down.

Changing the air terminal family to workplane-based seems to prevent the issue.

Comparing this to other side-connector air terminal families that don't require workplane-based to be checkmarked, the connectors are all oriented to North when you look at them on plan view, so I suspect there might be some behind the scenes family behavior going on (similar to how duct/pipe elbows MUST be oriented pointing Right/Down)

Message 5 of 5

I have changed the orientation of the connector to the north and solved the problem. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report