Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabric Ductwork

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
751 Views, 1 Reply

Fabric Ductwork

Hi guys and girls,

I am currently a fourth year mechanical engineering student, and I am doing a dissertation on Fabric ducting. One of my objectives is to carry out revit calculations and manual calculations on fabric ducting. Ive only started using Revit in the last few months. I'm just wondering who do i get a fabric duct into revit as a family. Do I have to draw it and apply a material to the component. If so, what procedure do I take.

All help greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Enda Roche

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi guys and girls,

I am currently a fourth year mechanical engineering student, and I am doing a dissertation on Fabric ducting. One of my objectives is to carry out revit calculations and manual calculations on fabric ducting. Ive only started using Revit in the last few months. I'm just wondering who do i get a fabric duct into revit as a family. Do I have to draw it and apply a material to the component. If so, what procedure do I take.

All help greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Enda Roche

If you only knew the limitations of the hard coded (profile) duct that installs by default within revit. Fabric duct... uhuh. If I had to do this I would use the round duct family. I would create shared parameters that did the calculations based off of the fabric. Currently revit is lacking the proper funtions to even do this OOTB. We had to add the Huebscher formula de = 1.30 x ((a x b)0.625 / (a + b)0.25) to get more of an actual "realistic" result for duct sizing. 

Add the necesary shared paramaters assigned to duct. Add those shared parameters to a duct schedule. Add the formulas to the schedules. In the fileds you can add a calculated value. It can be done, but YOU need to add the information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report