Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit signs from the linked model coming out thick when printing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mkhan9NNRV
339 Views, 6 Replies

Exit signs from the linked model coming out thick when printing

I have an Architectural Revit model with Exit signs and walls. When printing out the sheet for a particular area it prints out fine. When I link this Architectural model into my Electrical Revit model and print that same area, the Exit signs (which shows up in the linked model) prints out really thick. I have checked the line weights settings under Additional setting and that is fine too. I have also checked  the visual graphics and the Lighting fixture line weight is either 1 or 0. Clicking the thin lines before printing is not solving the issue. Can anyone help me resolving this issue?  I would appreciate it. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Try changing object styles of your link in VG

vitorbortoncello_0-1720724668489.png

Message 3 of 7
RobRocks
in reply to: mkhan9NNRV

Those are annotation symbols. Look in the families to determine what category. It could be a subcategory or imported objects.

I'm going with imported.

Message 4 of 7
iainsavage

Just to be absolutely clear the Thin Lines toggle has ZERO effect on printed output.

It is purely an on-screen setting to clarify the content when modelling but does not in any way affect prints.

I know that you've said that you've checked all of the settings but there is something that you've missed because something is changing the lineweight for these families.

Message 5 of 7

This was a great solution. Thanks so much for that !!

Message 6 of 7
mkhan9NNRV
in reply to: RobRocks

I thought about the same but since this is a model from another organization I didn't want to change anything in their model. The solution was to change the object styles to linked model from another user.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
RobRocks

@mkhan9NNRV wrote:

I didn't want to change anything in their model.

That's not what I meant.

@mkhan9NNRV wrote:

The solution was to change the object styles to linked model from another user.

Do you mean overriding the the visibility graphics for the linked model? Object styles are for elements in your model unless you apply your object styles to the linked model which is the default setting without a view template.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report