Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment capable of operating at 208V and 240V?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MuirEng
895 Views, 2 Replies

Equipment capable of operating at 208V and 240V?

Hi,

I could use some advice on the subject of equipment that can connect to either 208V or 240V, which is pretty common. Examples include ranges, heaters, etc.

It looks like it is necessary to break this equipment into a 240V type and a 208V type, is that true? I don't think there is a way to circuit the same family type to either two poles of a single phase system or two poles of a three phase system - since the voltage is defined in the family (and not like AutoCAD MEP transferred in from the system the device is connected to)

I don't have a problem with this, indeed it might be a more robust setup. Just checking my understanding is all,

thanks

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: MuirEng

Using the default Electrical Settings, you certainly can. The default Voltage Definitions for each are:

"208" - Min: 200V - Max: 220V

"240" - Min: 220V - Max: 250V

If the connected device/equipment is rated for 220V, then it will be compatible with either the 120/208V-3Ø or 120/240V-1Ø Distribution Systems, because that exact value qualifies for both Voltage Definitions. You can access and modify these definitions under Electrical Settings in the Project.

If the electrical object's Voltage does not fall into this overlap, you could, alternatively, simply create a Yes/No Parameter in the Family named something like "1Ø", and then add a formula to your Voltage Parameter in the Family that is driving the Electrical Connector:

= if(1Ø, 230 V, 208 V)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
MuirEng
in reply to: CoreyDaun

great answer!

CADastrophe strikes again!

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report