Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Fitting Visibility

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
997 Views, 6 Replies

Duct Fitting Visibility

Does anyone know why this fitting won't show up no matter how I set view range.

No 1.jpgNo 2.jpg

First image shows fitting selected, so it's blue coloured. Second image show how it looks like in a floor plan. The fitting protrudes through the floor slab at an angle. Part of it that is above level is visible, but lower part isn't, no matter how I set bottom range level or view depth. Other elements do show up as they should when bottom view range is set downwards, it's just this part that don't show up whatever I do with view range.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

It would help a lot if you posted the file.

BTW, I was taught to never put fittings at a penetration or penetrate at an angle.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Here it is, the problem is visible on floor plan level 2.

Yes, there is general rule of trade to make protrusion perpendicular to opening plane, but that's arbitrary rule, which is formal, and there are circumstances, particularly in ducting, where, for instance, ventilation system plant room is tightly occupied by equipment and nilder-angle offsets are made to avoid concentration of sharp-angled fittings on mains, particularly near fan inlet or outlet, and that rule is substantial for low-pressure ventilation.

Message 4 of 7
RobDraw

Yeah, perpendicular penetrations is not an arbitrary rule. If the penetration is through a load bearing floor, it is advisable and maybe critical to keep the holes as small as possible. 

Your view discipline is set to coordination. Set it to mechanical and the entire fitting shows.

Rob

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Yes, but it looks as if there is no way to present it as-is, cutting floor plane at some point, showing lower part as an underlay, to present what is actually going on, like with stairs? It looks like MEP elements cannot be presented in such a manner?

Message 6 of 7
RobDraw

If this is a one off type of thing or minimal instances of the condition, I would use the lines overwrite tool or just fill in the blanks with linework.

Rob

Message 7 of 7
ftruslow

I have  a similar problem a lot. and it applies in areas where I'm trying to show the ductwork because there is no ceiling. I can see the elbow ducts but not the straight ones.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report