Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw Pipes with Angel XX.5°

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
heimo.l
1104 Views, 4 Replies

Draw Pipes with Angel XX.5°

Hello,

We working with Geberit Silent-PP plug-in-system and therefor I downloaded the Revit Families from BIMObject and modified the elbow with lookup tables so that we can actually work with them. The angles are 15, 30, 45, 67.5 and 87.5° there is no problem to draw the first three ones but I couldn’t find a way to draw pipes with an angle of 67.5 or 87.5. In ACAD MEP you can switch between with the Tab key between the different dimensions this is not working within Revit. Or?

The angle under mechanical settings can’t be changed or is there a possibility to change those angles?

How can you draw a pipe system with this angles?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
apjones
in reply to: heimo.l

Do you have your units set to allow decimal degrees to round to more than one degree?  Check your units settings.  Revit Units.JPG

Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
heimo.l
in reply to: apjones

Hello Pete,
Thank you for your answer. I took a look at this settings, changed them but there is no difference in drawing the pipe. I still got even angle numbers.
Is there another way?

Regards
Message 4 of 5
CADTripper

Hi,

You may be using a specific angle setting in your project.

Try to change your project Pipe Angle Settings. Go to -Manage, MEP Settings, Mechanical Settings. Under Pipe Settings, click Angles, and select "Use any angle" option.

Ryan

Ryan Ortega
MEP BIM Lead
Aurecon Group - Dubai, UAE
www.ryanortega-bimportfolio.com
Message 5 of 5
www.TechRoom.bg

Hello,

See attaced picture and folow steps.

When you have specified elements (elbow and tee) you have 2 options:

1. Use any angles

2. Use specific angles

When you use standat families is better to use any angles - this will give you more perspective(fast) when you design pipe/duct network.

In other case if you use specific angles you tell to revit to use only angles in list below (see picture). This way guarantee precise work flow.

12.png

Eng. Iliev L.             

⁞|⁞ BIM Implementer, Project & BIM Manager, Coordinator, MEP Engineer

⁞|⁞ http://www.TechRoom.bg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report