Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappeared Text family "annotation" nested into another annotation family

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
436 Views, 4 Replies

Disappeared Text family "annotation" nested into another annotation family

Hello Revit users ,

I creatd an annotation family with simple text of a number (1) in it, and I'v inserted it into another annotation fmaily with a hatched circle , then I took this family and inserted it into the final 3D spinkler family on its reference level.

after loading this final family into a project level , I couln't figuer out why the No-( 1 ) is not appeared , and I still see the hatched circle .

I tried many methods of family creation to show the annotation family with the text  ( 1 ) in it !

I thought that might be somthing related to the scale of the project view level,

Thank for taking a quick look to the image , and to give me some hints arround this.

Have you all great day .

hiden_annotation_in_nested_family.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried a label instead of a text?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I can't load annotation tag family into a 3D family  "the spinkler head" , gives me an unignorable message error.

How comes that in a lets say a simple family as a box and  a text should be added on its reference level , after loading it into a project the text does not appear ?

All possible methods are done :

-adding the text directly in the 3D family ,  ----------- doesn't show the text in the project

-adding the text in an annotation template then loading it to the family ,-------- doesn't show the text in the project

-adding the text as a  name tag in an annotation tag family then loading it to the 3D end family "which been refused "

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

See attached.

Annotation 2019-06-20 090521.png

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you for your support , my project is in Revit 2018.

After 2 days mashing out my head with this family , I just figuered out what makes annotation text disapears in the projects .

It is the scale .

It turns that I have to put the Number one the minimum size that Revit excepts 0.5mm then injecting it to the spinkler family reference level which is in scale 1/100 so it appears like this (image below).

But why I see three water connectors in the project even the other two spinklers heads are properly hidden .

hiden_annotation_in_nested_family02.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report