Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensioning grids in a section

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sonia.martinez
1737 Views, 4 Replies

Dimensioning grids in a section

Hello,

I have a problema, i'm trying to dimensioning in a section and it's imposible. When I selected the first grid, instantly it's appear a prohibit symbol.

Could you help me?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rudi.roux
in reply to: sonia.martinez

Hi @sonia.martinez

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Is your Dimension Annotations switched on/"Checked" in your Visibility/Graphic Overrides? (VV or VG >> Annotation Categories >> Dimensions). 

1-dims-1.png

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 3 of 5
sonia.martinez
in reply to: rudi.roux

YES, I PROVE VISIBILITY, THE CUESTION IS, I CAN DIMENSIONING THE LEVELS IN SECTION BUT I CAN'T ACT THE GRIDS, MAYBE THE REASON WOULD BE THE GRIDS ARE NOT PERPENDICULAR. BUT IN THE ARCH MODEL I CAN DIMENSIONING THIS GRIDS.

WOULD YOU THINK THE PROBLEM IS WITH LINKS OR COPY MONITOR OR...?

THANK YOU
Message 4 of 5
rudi.roux

Hi @sonia.martinez

Could you possibly attach a Screenshot which will help me better understand your question. "I CAN'T ACT THE GRIDS"

Grid lines can only show up in an elevation/section if they are perpendicular to the elevation/section view. For example, think of a situation when user could try to use a dimension to a slanted grid to position some objects relative to grids. 

Rudi Roux
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 5 of 5
rudi.roux

Otherwise, you can always use a detail line and make it invisible. Then draw that line or reference plane across the non-parallel grid to form an intersection point. There shouldn't be any problem with the linked model which you might have thought. 

This image below might help to explain my point above a bit better. My "Red Line" which Crosses the non-parallel grids would typically then be your invisible line or reference plane. 

1-grids-1.png

Rudi Roux
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report