Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail/Annotation of linked DWG overlapping revit elements.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1875 Views, 5 Replies

Detail/Annotation of linked DWG overlapping revit elements.

I've had this issue for a whiel and haven't managed to figure it out. When I import a DWG as a background layout, the annotations, text etc overlap my elements. In the example below, you can see that the room name lays over the top of a light fitting in the laundry.

Any ideas? TIA

mwinterFDXSR_0-1617931753645.png

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hidroform
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Make sure on the STATUS BAR that the SELECT LINKS option is unchecked.

If you want to turn off or delete the text LAYER, you must select the DWG link.

Note the DELETE LAYERS and QUERY options in the contextual menu.
If you already know the name of LAYER go to delete and choose the layer.
If you do not know the name go to query and there you can consult the name and delete it.

Important: the layers are not really deleted, so if you want to see them again, go to MANAGE LINKS and reload the DWG.

The other option would be to turn off the LAYERS using a filter in VISIBILITY / GRAPHICS.

I hope I was help you.

Sérgio Murilo

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hidroform

Thanks for the suggestion Sergio.

I'm aware of turning off/deleting layers. I don't think I was clear in my issue before.

I want to keep the text layers from the DWG, but my drawn in elements, in this case a downlight, need to appear on top of the text notes, not the other way around.

Message 4 of 6
tlc_coreyschiller

If the DWG file is brought into the model with the "Current view only" box unchecked, any DWG text will obstruct Revit model elements. One solution is to re-import the CAD file with this box checked.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 161642.jpg

If that's not an option (maybe the DWG needs to appear in multiple views?) you could import the DWG into a blank Revit file, then link that Revit file into your model, setting it as an 'Underlay' in visibility/graphics.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 163759.jpg

Message 5 of 6
s.borello

Link it to the current view only, then you can send elements to the front of back.

Message 6 of 6

corey.schiller has the only real solution. I just wish there was a concise way to strip the container rvt down to barebones so it would only be a few kb.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report