Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Local Greyed Out

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3510 Views, 9 Replies

Create Local Greyed Out

So we recently had to upgrade a model from 2015 to 2016. Everything went fine. I was able to create a local after I was done with the upgrade. The model is placed on a on site network. Everyone has the same exact path to the model location. I had a teammate create a local. No problem. I came back later in the day. Tried to create a new local. The create new local box is greyed out. I cannot figure out what is going on. I have the same issue with a model that I made on another network over a VPN as well. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

To add to the confusion. Now all my teammates can open a new local. But, I am the only one who cannot. I'm at a total loss.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

We had this recently also,

The issue was that the default path for user files was set to the wrong person (i.e not the one logged in).

FILE > OPTIONS > FILE LOCATIONS > "Default path for user files".  Check the path name is correct C:\Users\Username\Documents as an example.  We have had an issue where the user name is not the person logged on and an error in this path will prevent you creating a local file.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

What mattfern said. I have this problem with every single user every time an update is released - the default local path defaults to our network license administrator's user ID for every Revit seat. It's a giant PITA. I've brought it to his attention and he's looking into a way to stop it from happening. No juice so far though. Basically, your user ID on your machine doesn't have write permission to the directory that Revit is trying to use for local files.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I did that check list. We figured out the issue. Path issue

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

It was a path issue. But, way above my head. We had the same path at each users location. But, it something beyond that, that the IT guys had to figure out. Finally got it worked out though.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Timmy,

I have checked all user "Default path for user files" all are same, but still I am not able to check box for "create new local" its still inactive, please help me out .
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

-Check your user names for Revit are correct

-Double check that people are pathing EXACTLY the same way that the central model was built to. Some people create shortcuts and that becomes an issue for us.

-Is worksharing enabled?

- If all else fails. Create a new central model. Have someone try to create a new local from that. If it is not available. I'll have to brainstorm about what the issue could be.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

"all user "Default path for user files" all are same,"

If they're the same, that's your problem. The path will be something like C:\\Users\userid\My Documents

For each individual user, the "userid" portion of that path must correspond to their unique username they log on to the machine with. You could get around this by defaulting everyone to the desktop or some other location, but I wouldn't recommend that path.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report