Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Color of Electrical Conduit Riser Globally

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ebsoares
918 Views, 4 Replies

Control Color of Electrical Conduit Riser Globally

Hi, all.

How do we control the color of electrical conduit risers globally? As can be seen in the attached image (plan/top view), the conduit riser appears as a green filled circle.

I understand how to change this in the V/G overrides and view templates, but that does not control what is seen in the entire project, which is the intent here. I would like to be able to change that color globally - even on other models that have ours linked.

Please, notice that this is not a "pipe", but a "conduit" in Revit MEP 😉

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
iainsavage
in reply to: ebsoares

Manage > Object Styles > Conduit > Drop or Rise

iainsavage_0-1636658014999.png

Message 3 of 5
ebsoares
in reply to: iainsavage

Thanks, @iainsavage.

This is odd... that really looked like it was going to be it... but it didn't work. I also went ahead and looked at the visibility overrides to see if perhaps in that specific view it was being forced green, but there are no overrides..

I am baffled...

Thanks for trying anyway, @iainsavage 👍

Message 4 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: ebsoares

I dug into this a bit as I as well though that object styles was going to do it. It does, sort of. It controls the lines but not the fill pattern.

V/G Overrides will change the pattern color, Not global but can be set in view templates.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 5
ebsoares
in reply to: iainsavage

@iainsavage, I tried it again and now it worked!!! Not sure what happened the first time, but it looks good now 😊

Thanks for the input, @RobDraw. Luckily (it really did feel like luck) we won't need to use overrides just yet... Like it says on your signature - Revit doesn't always work the way we think it should...

Thank you both,

Edgar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report