Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints and fill regions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1296 Views, 1 Reply

Constraints and fill regions

So first off, thank you to those who helped out with my last question. The prompt response was very helpful and much appreciated. Also, I'm sorry if this is the 2nd time I've posted this but I can't find the 1st one anywhere, including on my profile.

So I'm working on modifying and downloading emergency lighting fixtures to use in revit and have come across two things that I find interesting and don't understand but am hoping to use for our fixtures.

1) The first is a emergency light I downloaded from RevitCity user ArkieGrove and it uses checkbox constraints to change the visibility of fill regions. How he's doing that is utterly baffling to me and I would appreciate it if someone can help explain how to do this.

2) Just the typical Revit EM light. My initial understanding of fill regions in families is that if you wanted to use a fill region in a model family, you had to create the fill region in an annotation family first and then reference that annotation family to your model family. The only problem I've had with that is that the annotation family doesn't have a locked scale, so it becomes tiny at 1/4 scale and huge at 1/16 scale. However, this doesn't seem to be the case with Revit's EM lights and I can't find an explanation as to why.

Additionally, I was wondering if it was possible to combine these two properties. Ideally, I'd like to have a 2x4 troffer that has a checkable box to make it an emergency light. 

I'm including each of the files below, although I'll ask for you to download Arkie's file from RevitCity if you decide to use so that he gets credit for his good work. Thanks in advance for the help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Answers for questions

1-You can do that by first creating a family instance parameter of the type Yes/No then you choose the fill region you want to control its visibility by that

parameter and click the button named  associate family parameter in front of visible parameter and finally choose the parameter created.

For more flexibility you can create family types and nest these controls in them.

2-The reason why you choose a generic annotation family template is that its size varies and isn't the actual size just like diffusers you choose a detail

item family template .

If my answer solved your problem , Please Kudo  and "Accept as solution".

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report