Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change CIRCUIT voltage and modify connected equipment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dtiemeyer
1475 Views, 4 Replies

Change CIRCUIT voltage and modify connected equipment

I have a lot of 2 pole loads connected to panels.  The circuits were created as 240V but now I want them to be 208V (both single phase). Is there a place I can make a single change and it will modify both the CIRCUIT and connected objects?

Once I made the circuits they report 240V in the voltage for a normal schedule, even if I modify & rename the 240 Voltage Definition (and the Value, Min & Max ranges), the circuits themselves do not update. 

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
fabiosato
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Hello, how are you doing?

Unfortunately I have no good news, the only way I know when you need to change voltage or pole number, it to delete and recreate the circuit. System browser will help you to speed up things, and create a new panel and connect the new circuits to it.

Maybe a Dynamo routine could help.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
s.borello

I agree with the advice from @fabiosato ... good luck!

Message 4 of 5
dtiemeyer
in reply to: s.borello

Hello @fabiosato,

Thank you for the response. It seems you're essentially correct - circuits are a tough 'nut to crack' in Revit. I did find that changing the voltage of the Panel did alter the calculations (after modifying the Voltage Ranges & Definitions to work), so I was able to make a panel schedule that displays the correct values, but when the circuit is selected in Revit, it still displays '240' instead of '208'. We're going to live with that remnant and be content the panel schedules print OK.

Cheers guys!

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 5 of 5
vabuk2013

Circuit voltage comes from the connected electrical fixtures voltage. Edit the voltage of any fixture from its type properties. For example, Flat round ceiling lights have 120v in their type properties under Ballast voltage. Change this value to your desired voltage while edit the L-G voltage to the same in distribution system in electrical settings. Sometimes you need to edit the connector properties of fixture family.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report