Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't link an IFC (nothing happens) Revit 2017 and 2018.2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
M1k3y2014
917 Views, 3 Replies

Can't link an IFC (nothing happens) Revit 2017 and 2018.2

Hi,

I checked this thread for help but I did unfortunately not manage to solve this even if I selected the template from the suggested page and updated the IFC export:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/rvt2018-can-t-open-link-ifc-files-failed-to-...

I can open IFCs but I can't link them (video attached)

I did also try to remove addins to have a pure environment.

Anyone has seen this issue and would have an idea about how this can be solved?

I have the same problem at least in Revit 2017 so I wonder what is going on.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: M1k3y2014

I have ran into this problem.
The solution was to keep linked model sizes under 500 MB. You can use Solibri IFC optimizer to reduce file size.
But - since linking IFC files is not the right way anyway,- I suggest you to open it, save it as rvt, then link that one. Your model will perform better.
Message 3 of 4
M1k3y2014
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Thank you, this model was actually a lot smaller but being aware this I'll see if I can edit it and if there would be some threshold where I actually can link it.

And I appreciate you making it clear that I should avoid this way in general. Thanks for that information!

I'll return to this thread and update it once I (hopefully) manage to get it to work.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: M1k3y2014

For IFC I tend to use the ArchiCAD connection addin. I've got some pretty good results with using that for importing IFC.

As stated above, linking IFC tends to bring new problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report