Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't figure out, "Can't rotate element into this position".

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ColtonHaney
497 Views, 2 Replies

Can't figure out, "Can't rotate element into this position".

I have a family for a 3/4in compression fitting that I cannot get to rotate in section.

I have tried:

-  turning off "Always Vertical"

-  turning on "Work-Plane Based"

-  copying the geometry into a new family

-  completely redrawing the geometry from scratch in a new family

-  modeling it as a line based family

I could successfully host it to a reference plane and rotate it by rotating the reference plane. However, when doing so the element jumps across the model and I have to track it down and relocate it in it's new orientation back to where I placed it originally. This solution is also not ideal as having a ton of reference planes (one for each element) will be extremely cumbersome to work with.

If anyone has any ideas or solutions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

(Attached is the family that I am having issues with.)

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dmiller_SCE
in reply to: ColtonHaney

If you want to free rotate the family in question with the least effort, then change the family category from generic model to a category that allows free rotation in the project, like pipe fittings, conduit fittings, mechanical equipment, or something similar. 

Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: ColtonHaney

Model it using Mechanical Equipment template, check Always vertical, do not check Work Plane, then you can rotate it however you want in any axis.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators