Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera annotation symbol orientated differently from RCP to floor plan view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
eneumann
1016 Views, 3 Replies

Camera annotation symbol orientated differently from RCP to floor plan view

We need to be able to place camera annotations (within a camera model family which is face based, this is to handle the views better) on the RCP & adjust them there, but the annotation flips from the RCP compared to the regular floor plan. 

I noticed that when I recreate our camera model/annotation families in 2022, the issue goes away, but I need this solution to also work with Revit 2018 for some other projects. 

Why can't the annotation face the same direction on the RCP compared to the floor plan?

For reference, attached are the 2 cameras I made, along with an image of the R18 camera not working.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dmiller_SCE
in reply to: eneumann

If you do not have sloped ceilings you have to deal with, and you have ensured everything is hosted properly you can uncheck the maintain annotation setting in the family editor.

Capture2.PNG

Message 3 of 4
eneumann
in reply to: dmiller_SCE

ok, so I looked at it, and yes, this will work!  thanks for the answer!  

one point of confusion: the maintain orientation checkbox is still checked in the 2022 version, but the annotation works appropriately.  

Message 4 of 4
fabiosato
in reply to: eneumann

Hello,

Revit 22 have many improvements.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report