Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Links in multiple views

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ShannonZ
1229 Views, 3 Replies

CAD Links in multiple views

I have Linked a CAD file using 'current view only' as its an elevation view of a pump I want to show in section. However, it is showing up on the outside of the structure, and not inside the structure. I want to move it forward but I can't do this from the section - I need to do it from plan. But I can't see my Linked CAD in plan - how do I change the settings so that I can grab it in plan and move it so it shows where I want in the section? 
(I tried the copy to clipboard and past align but that option is greyed out some reason).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ShannonZ

Hi Shannon, 

Could you please explain a little more about your issue? 

If I understood correctly, you're having trouble finding the CAD file in the plan, right? 

Try selecting it where you can see it (on the section, as you said), and open a 3D view to see where it is. 

It also might work for the plan view, and then, once it's selected in one of the views, you can move or edit in way you need it to get. 

Hope I was helpfull, if not, please ask again about your recurrent issues. 

Message 3 of 4
ShannonZ
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Akira,

I tried that, and it didn't work. It doesn't show highlighted in any other view like I thought it would, too. I got it to work by hiding the wall the object was behind. It works for my situation but it won't for all situations. I'm still not sure how to remedy it. And today I'm having another issue with CAD Links..... I have the plan view of the pump to insert into my plan and it is nowhere to be found, in any view at all. It is showing in Managed Links fine, and I inserted it the same way I've done the others. Checked the view range depths, VG'S, view crop settings - I'm not sure what I am doing wrong!
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ShannonZ

Could you post here or send me the .dwg file?

About that second problem, have you checked the configurations of the file? In the window that opens up when you select the Import Cad File at the ribbon, there are Scale and Layers to be import. It's a quite simple step, by I have already forgotten to set these items before. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report