Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to work with Revit linked file

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
marco.defina
297 Views, 1 Reply

Best way to work with Revit linked file

Hello,

in the last times i worked a lot on drawing of external architect. Everytime I drawed my duct or pipe directly in the Revit file.

But if the Revit file change every week will be a problem...

I insert the Revit file as xref and then i draw all my installation...

But if the architect delete a level where drawed what happens?

It's possible to copy axis and level from the xref? So i have my native axis and level, i work on this regardless the update of the Revit file.

I don't know if is it clear

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fabiosato
in reply to: marco.defina

Hello Marco,

The best way is to have your own file, link the architecture file using origin to origin insertion point, then use copy monitor tool to duplicate the architecture levels in your file, monitoring the levels from the architecture, if they change, after reloading the new file, you will get a warning, when you can decide what to do, change your levels according to the architecture, of leave as it is, of course the best way is to follow the arch file.

If you draw your ducts in the arch file, if the architect deletes a level, everything on that level will be deleted, no questions made to you, working with linked arch, you can decide what to do.

If you need more information make a search using copy monitor levels revit, you will get many content.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators