Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Revit MEP Training - Global eTraining.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mdhutchinson
847 Views, 2 Replies

Best Revit MEP Training - Global eTraining.

I hope I can get some direction here.

I've taken a couple of training courses for Revit MEP. 

From ATC and now by Global eTraining... I am finding both to be lacking, or possibly just not the focus that I need.

There two courses have focus too much on the design side of the software... what I want is heavy on the actual modeling side... setting up Duct and Pipping settings and modeling techniques to model a boatload of pipe and duct under many circumstances.

On Global eTraining I find VERY few examples of actually modeling the pipe and duct... in the very few modeling examples the training didn't even actually connect the objects. In one example mine actually connected, but the trainer's did not... further more the trainer didn't even point out the disconnected example.

Help please!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dzanta
in reply to: mdhutchinson

i can provide training for you.  I need to understand exactly what you want out of the training so it can be tailored to your needs.

For example, do you need to learn the following:

1.  Creating, modifying and displaying systems

2.  Creating families with connectors

3.  Creating piping and duct types with materials

4.  importing families from manufacturer's content into revit

5.  Create custom revit template file for Mechanical/Piping work.

Hope this helps

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 3
smbrennan
in reply to: mdhutchinson

Trial and Error? If you know what your desired output is, try different ways. If you truely want to learn the software, this is the way to go. If you just want to be a robot repeating steps you're told, then by all means - keep looking for training. I know this is possible, because this is how I learned how to model conduit. 

There are certainly tips people can share,and here's some that I've found. I'll put this out there, I model conduit, so some of these things I've done will work with Duct & Piping. 

• Typically when I modeled offsets, I needed them for a reason: constraints/prevent collisions with other trades. I knew where I couldn't route, so I found the easiest paths where I could. To model the offset, all I had to do was connect two points. Conduit bends are preferred to be in specific degrees - the math is more known for certain angles than others - thus making the field installers job a lot easier. To ensure you have a preferred angle, you must model the offset in the profile in which you will set it. So a horizontal offset, plan view is sufficient. Vertical offset, you want to cut a section.

• This kind of gets partnered with the tip above, at least for me. You can use the TRIM command to create a fitting, similar to how TRIM works on linework.

• As of now, I have found little need to modify the default families for conduit fittings. I did, however, go to the electrical settings and confirm all of the bend radius for every type & size were accurate to actual field bent conduit.

• Sometimes elements can't connect because they APPEAR to be in line with each other, but really could be 1/128" off. Use the ALIGN tool to help with this.

I hope these tips can be applied to Duct & Piping, and hopefully others can provide more tips for you that are specific to Duct & Piping.

Good Luck! Keep using these forums, people will help.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report