Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Parameter Updates in Revit MEP

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
zbischof
294 Views, 6 Replies

Automate Parameter Updates in Revit MEP

I'm working on a solution to automate parameter population in electrical J-Box families based on their mechanical host units. The idea is to have switches pull specific data from their host units: "Type Mark" (e.g., "RTU") for the type of family and "Mark" (e.g., "1") for the number, and populate this into corresponding parameters in the switch family.

I know use dynamo... but is there a way to natively do this in Revit. Can families pull data off each other via proximity?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
curtisridenour
in reply to: zbischof

I was able to accomplish this via Dynamo the other day. See the link below on how I pulled the Mark parameter from the Mechanical Equipment and associated it to our JBoxes.

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/electrical-connector-family-acquire-mark-from-linked-model-mechanical-...

EPCs_Mark.png

Message 3 of 7
curtisridenour

I don't think there is a way to do this natively in Revit.

Message 4 of 7
zbischof
in reply to: curtisridenour

That dynamo script looks cool! Ill give a try and let you know. Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
zbischof

I had to change a few things around but I got it to work. We dont link are mech models in. Our mech department is in house. You wouldn't know how to call Type Mark would you? I can get the 1 off of RTU-1 now I need to get the RTU portion. Thanks again for posting this.

Message 6 of 7
curtisridenour

I would suggest posting to the Dynamo Forum. I am really no expert. I got some help from there as well to write this one. I cannibalized 3 scripts to make that one.

Message 7 of 7
robert2JCCH

@zbischof wrote:

You wouldn't know how to call Type Mark would you? I can get the 1 off of RTU-1 now I need to get the RTU portion.

You need to take your list of elements (Family Instances) and get the FamilyType from them. At that point, you get GetByParameter Type Mark from your list of elements (FamilyType). This workflow also applies to any other Type Parameters you may want.

robert2JCCH_0-1714089701901.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report