Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag leader toggle keystroke

Tag leader toggle keystroke

It would be awesome if for tags, keynotes, etc. a keystroke could be assigned to the leader toggle checkbox so you don't have to go actually click the checkbox every single time.

9 Comments
shujath36
Advocate

I wonder why such an important feature/idea has got so little votes. 

Tag toggleTag toggle

scbunker
Collaborator

Same idea here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

tfairchild
Contributor

Please please please add this feature.

tyler.largeteau
Explorer

It is absolutely embarrassing (on AutoDesk's part) that this is still an issue.

A simple feature has been missing from this program for 3-4 years. The amount of frustration that this missing feature has caused users that must be immense.

And what's frustrating is that the program seems to isolate the Leader Status of the element to the point where it places a duplicate Check box on the upper bottom ribbon. Then when you think about all of the commands available to the user in the Keyboard Shortcut Manager, it naturally raises the question of: Why can't I bind the toggling of this parameter to a Keyboard Shortcut?

Or, honestly better yet, treat the Leader Status like Pinning: Have a command for TurnLeaderOFF (like Unpinning) and have another command for TurnLeaderON (like Pinning.)

After some thought, I expect this to be more useful than just simply toggling the status, for instance when you want to turn all selected tags' leaders off, it's a quick selection and keybind away.

bruce_brunner
Observer

Please add this feature.

HarryBPHL
Participant

Yip need this

ayoung8902
Explorer

yes!!! 

matthew.shultzSZQLZ
Contributor

Please add this feature!! We already have this functionality with other commands like move, mirror, copy etc. where shift or control quickly toggles an option within the ribbon. It would also be nice to have a quick way to change tag types, for example in MEP we need to tag pipes with either size or system type, with and without leaders. I spend a lot of time clicking the little 'leader' button in the ribbon currently, so this would be a HUGE time saver for me and many other Plumbing designers in the industry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report