Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save using C4R

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jdarcey
368 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to save using C4R

I have a user who is having trouble saving work on a C4R project hosted on A360.  Earlier today, he received the 'missing many elements' error message (see attached screenshot) when trying to open the model.  We could not get the file to open at all so I had another user publish the model. Now the file will open, but when trying to perform any save operations (save-to-central or local), we receive an unrecoverable error message and Revit closes.

Other users are currently working in the file without problems.

Any suggestions on where to start diagnosing? I can post journal files if that would help.

Working on Windows 10 / Revit 2017.2

Build

20170118_1100(x64)

Sincerely,

Andy Brack

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jdarcey
in reply to: jdarcey

Journal file is attached here.

Message 3 of 3
leemichaelb
in reply to: jdarcey

Hi Andy,

First, on behalf of the C4R engineering team I'd like to apologize for some of the challenges that you've encountered with C4R. 

I have some thoughts on how to get you unblocked, but in order to identify the best/easiest path forward as well as to better understand the root cause of the problem I'd like to do a deeper dive and collect some more information from your system.  Particularly because the journal attached doesn't quite give me enough insight to have a full grasp of what has transpired.

Some of this analysis is likely best conducted outside this forum, so I would like you to contact me directly via email at michael.brianlee@autodesk.com

Naturally I'll post a followup to this email thread once we have resolved this issue for you.

To get the ball rolling, can you collect the following from the workstation where you are encountering this problem?:

- a zip of the folder C:\Users\jdarcey\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2017\Journals

- a copy of the file C:\Users\jdarcey\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2017\CollaborationCache\UKX3QY3N4ZXP\f0e9a2e7-eecd-4fad-bb5e-943add7c546d\d8887c26-9494-4217-b6ab-2fb8ab6d6ef9.rvt

- a zip of the folder C:\Users\jdarcey\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\PacCache\

This will be a pretty big volume of data, so once you contact me I'll send a link where you can post and upload this info and we will work to get you unblocked as quickly as possible. 

My hope is that, in addition to getting you unstuck, we will be able to identify whether there is some specific improvement we can make to prevent this from occurring in the future.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Michael B. Lee

C4R QA

Michael B. Lee

Principal QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report