Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
LisaDrago
3416 Views, 11 Replies

Sync Loop

So I have been experiencing an issue on a model that is on C4R.

I have 3 people working in it. 

when A tries to sync it says it cant edit the element until B re-saved the element to central and relinquished it and you reload latest.

So B tries to sync and it says it cant edit the element until C re-saved the element to central and relinquished it and you reload latest.

So C tries to Sync and it says it cant edit the element until A re-saved the element to central and relinquished it and you reload latest.

So no one can sync or reload latest. 

Has anyone experienced this - and how do you get out of it without losing the work of 3 people?

Any Ideas???

image.jpg

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Viveka_CD
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi @LisaDrago

This message indicates the other user has ownership of elements that you are trying to edit, or that the element(s) you are trying to edit need to also modify other elements owned by the user. it could also be possible that someone else checked out a workset that has a linked file.

Can you try the following options and let me know if it helps resolve the issue?

1)Create a new central model (Have everyone that can, synchronize, and then open the model with Detach from central and create a new central model)

2) Please see the article HERE  for Relinquishing worksets of a specific user and  HERE on for solutions to similar errors.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 12
LisaDrago
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hello and Thank you for your response.

I would agree that others have ownership of elements.  

We specifically work with borrowed elements only - no 'owning' of worksets.

When I go to open the model - i get the message that someone has to sync before i can open the model.

When I do get it - i instantly have ownership of elements - although I have not worked on anything yet. I know that is not correct.

We are unable at this time to create a new local as this is on a very large project up on the C4R servers and we have a submission going out today.

And I do know how to relinquish others elements or force them to relinquish.

To clarify - no one can sync. 

Any time someone tried to sync - they get the message that someone else has to sync first, when that person tries to sync - it says someone else has to sync first... and so on. 

It gets stuck in a loop and no one can sync.

People are losing work and I have no idea how to correct this issue.

I have run an Audit on the project model, I have purged and compressed, I have cleared all warnings I can.

Is there something more that can be done?

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 12
Viveka_CD

Hi @LisaDrago

You have tried all the right steps - audit,purge etc., I'm sorry to hear that you are continuing to face issues.

Can you try the following?

Let me know if any of the above recommendations help!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Message 5 of 12
Viveka_CD

Hi @LisaDrago

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?
Please mark any posts that help with "Accept as Solution" and thanks! Kudos welcome.

Message 6 of 12
LisaDrago

Hello - I apologize for the delay - we are still having the issue. 

One person was in the model.

Another was trying to get into the model and said the other had to sync first...

The first person tries to sync and it says the person trying to get in has to sync.

We checked all of the versions, cleared out of the collaboration cache folder, made sure everyone had a clean copy of the model.

We have other models on the same project that is not having any of these issues.

We are in need of some urgent help.

LD

Message 7 of 12
Viveka_CD

Hi @LisaDrago

No need to apologize! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you are continuing to face issues.

As requested earlier please upload your journal file and Revit model for each user.

I have also sent you a utility to collect your log files from the affected users.

Let me know if you have issues accessing the folder.

Looking forward to your reply update.

Regards,

Message 8 of 12
LisaDrago

Thank you for the invite to box. 

I will collect all of the information and send in the morning - my team has left the office for the day.

As for the model - are you just looking for each persons local file?

Thank you for all your help!

LD

Message 9 of 12
LisaDrago

@Viveka_CD - I was unable to download the tool you placed on box.

It says it will begin downloading shortly but never does.

LD

Message 10 of 12
Viveka_CD

Message 11 of 12
Viveka_CD

Hi @LisaDrago

I've re-sent the utility to your alternate email ID 

There appears to been some sort of corruption to the work-sharing permissions files or local files. 

Can you try the following for me from a machine without errors?

1. Open the central file directly with Audit checked.
  2. Once the file is opened, Purge all unused items.
  3. Use Save As to save the file on top of the old version.
  4. Relinquish all ownership for all Revit files - host and linked.
  5. Close Revit.
  6. On all client workstations, clear the Windows temp directory. To do so, launch a new Windows Explorer dialog and enter %temp% as the address. Delete as many files as possible from this folder (some may not be able to be deleted).
  7. Move the local file backups to a new location.
  8. Create new local files and check to see if the user(s) are still automatically borrowing elements.

If you are still unable to resolve, you can log a case HERE 

If you find posts have solved your problem, please click on 'Accept as solution' to help others with similar questions.

Thank you,

Message 12 of 12
LisaDrago

Hello @Viveka_CD

I was able to run through replacing our model on C4R today to see if that will fix the issues we have been experiencing.

I will follow-up if the issue continues.

Thank you for your assistance.

LD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report