Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2019/BIM 360 Design - Failed to Open Document

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Ghernandez
3603 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2019/BIM 360 Design - Failed to Open Document

I have a user trying to access his cloud model in Revit 2019 through the recent projects icons. When he clicks the Icon with a cloud to open the project it gives him and another user the following error. "Failed to Open Document". When the user uses the Open command and navigates to the BIM 360 project and selects the project it opens just fine. I have tested this out on my system and when I click my recent project with cloud icon it opens as intended. 

We cleaned out TEMP, Cache, and repaired install. Double checked his Admin and Folder permissions. Still getting error. 

Revit 2019 with hotfix / Win 7/ two systems same error.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Ghernandez
in reply to: Ghernandez

1.JPG

Here is a snapshot of the error.

Message 3 of 3
Ghernandez
in reply to: Ghernandez

The issue was due to them not using the Desktop Connector on their systems along with BIM 360 Design. The Desktop Connector syncs model files from Docs to your PC, and maintains all links within that file. This will allow users to be able to click on the recent project icons to access cloud projects in the BIM 360 environment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report