Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Revit Collaboration Forum is now open.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
PDHStudentOfWisdom
389 Views, 1 Reply

Re: New Revit Collaboration Forum is now open.

So are the features of Revit Archi such as Worksharing available through A360. Does this make it so that Worksharing can be done through the A360 Portal and if not is that in the works. Does Buzzsaw allow us to do Worksharing through the LAN? I ask because I am new to the Sharing and Collaboration technologies.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dzanta
in reply to: PDHStudentOfWisdom

Worksharing within Revit allows for multiple users to work on multiple Revit models simultaneously to collaboration with each other and a master Central Model in a LAN environment.

A360 Collaboration for Revit allows for this functionality outside the LAN (WAN) and with anyone in any company in any location anytime, anywhere.  The Revit Model is hosted on A360 servers and the users just open/work with the Central/Local Models via Revit.

Revit Server allows for worksharing outside the LAN (WAN) but only via a single domain.  If you are an Arch firm that needs to collaborate with MEP and Structural Engineers via worksharing and they are in a separate domain/company, then Revit Server does not work in this manner.

See my screencast.

I also do a presentation on RS/A360 C4R regularly...it takes about 2 hours and covers both.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report