Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Annotation Text on Printed PDF Set

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
MattFried
7581 Views, 28 Replies

Missing Annotation Text on Printed PDF Set

I'm using Revit 2017, and I've noticed that when I print a PDF (multiple pages) set there are missing annotation text.

They appear in my sheet window in Revit, but for some reason don't appear on the PDF set. Not all my sheets are affected, but only various ones. When I retry to print sometimes the sheets affected with missing annotations differ from the previous set I made, so it seems random.

I think I've narrowed it down to only my "WALL" annotations being affected...... For instance when using a "Wall Mark" annotation, GB-1 (for grade beams) or MW-1 (for masonry walls). On the printed PDF set all these grade beam, masonry wall, etc, annotations are missing from various sheets.

Any one else having this issue with any remedies?

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you download latest built which is Revit 2017.1 ... annotation problem is fixed in this version.

It worked for me, hope it works for you as well.

Message 22 of 29
MattFried

THANK YOU!!

Revit 2017.1.1 Fixes update works 🙂

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous

I usually do not write on forums, however I feel this issue (as many have stated) was a very dangerous one that was not being fixed. Sending out documents that did not have wall tags, or some, or half text notes missing on sheets was definitely not OK. Downloading Revit 2017.1.1 update from December 2016 DOES FIX THE PROBLEM. We noticed this issue in the office months ago, and I had previously tried to download the batch print and service pack 1 & 2 updates with no success. But this update does provide a solution...finally.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: MattFried

I am also experiencing this problem-with keynotes not showing up.  Has anything worked for you to fix the glitch?

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous

Honestly I haven't seen the issue lately. Are you upgraded to service pack (2)?

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous

I have just noticed this, and just updated to Revit 2018. I am having the exact structural annotation (floor joists note) show on one level, and not on another. I have even upgraded the note by opening it in revit 2018 hoping a forced upgrade of the note to 2018 would help. Did not work.

Printing one sheet at a time is not solving the issue either. I am having to add text note over top.

Message 27 of 29
BDezayas

I have Revit 2017 service pack 2 and I am getting this issue with Adobe professional, do pdf, and cute pdf creator and we have missing annotations for all of these with some computers, and not for others.  This is something that came up on a project that was already bidding and is unacceptable.  This needs a fix now. If Revit keeps giving us these ridiculous issues we will have to go with another program or just go back to Autocad.

Message 28 of 29
Attila.Kalina
in reply to: BDezayas

This issue or a variation on it is still present on 2017.2.3.
There were sheets in print sets that printed without any annotations.
When one of these sheets slips by, its a problem.

Message 29 of 29
jhaskettFM

Also having this problem when printing multiple sheets to PDF, 6 years later than the orignal post. Random tags dropping. we have to print SHEET by SHEET! Build 17.0.416.0 20160225_1515(x64)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators