Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local file Onedrive

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
FATIMA.ZAHRA.HARATI.7130
196 Views, 2 Replies

local file Onedrive

Hello everyone, I want to concretely understand how the central and local file works. Here is my question my friends: I created a central file that I saved in the company server and from it I created a local file or I saved it on my company OneDrive. I wonder if I work on my local file at home and I save it on OneDrive, will the modifications be taken care of in the central file, I specify that I will synchronize it when I am at work?  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It sounds risky at best to me, especially if other people are working on the file. It might work at first but there will eventually be problems.

Message 3 of 3

At your company it could work because your pc have path to the server and your onedrive. But is still risky, i suggest to keep local file to your pc.

From home, you could still open the onedrive copy, but the path to central wont be find on your home's pc. Really not a good practice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report