Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4R Trial not working in Revit

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
stevie_kelly
828 Views, 7 Replies

C4R Trial not working in Revit

I have signed up for the 60 day free trial of BIM 360 Team and C4R, and I'm signed in in Revit but it still doesn't give me the option to Collaborate via the cloud. Can anyone help? I need to use C4R for this project but I just can't get it working, and google or youtube aren't any help.2017-10-31.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AdamPeter
in reply to: stevie_kelly

@stevie_kelly While this video is not directly related, it does show the difference between models uploaded through the web site and those uploaded using C4R from Revit.  Hope this helps.

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 3 of 8
stevie_kelly
in reply to: AdamPeter

@AdamPeter thanks for your help, I didn't know that, and I will keep that in mind, but I haven't actually got the option to collaborate using the cloud, do you have any idea why? I started a 60-day C4R trial yesterday and am logged in on Revit with the same account, but it hasn't changed anything. I'm struggling to find anything useful online about how to actually start using C4R in Revit. I know how to use it, but none of its features seem to be available to me.

2017-11-01.png2017-11-01 (1).png

Message 4 of 8
AdamPeter

@stevie_kelly, that is strange.  What version of Revit are you using?  If it's 2017 or 2018 C4R should be installed with Revit without needing to do anything extra.  If you are using 2015 or 2016 there are separate installers for it.

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 5 of 8
stevie_kelly

@AdamPeter I'm working on Revit 2017 and I always keep it up to date. Any advice at all?

Message 6 of 8
AdamPeter

one other thing that just occurred to me.  When you signed up for your trial was it for BIM 360 Team or for Collaboration for Revit?  It may be that it was for BIM 360 Team and that there was an option on the hub to enable Collaboration for Revit, but that just enables the hub for C4R use.  Can you log into manage.autodesk.com and look under the trial section.  Do you see Collaboration for Revit or "Skyscraper" (Our code name for C4R) there?  If not, you may have to go to users and make sure it's assigned to you or sign up directly for a C4R Trial, which you can do HERE.

This is an old link, but may also give you have few other ideas as to why it's not showing up the way it should be.  The Proxy Server issue is an outside possibility, but one that could also be blocking you.

Let me know if this helps!

Adam Peter
Customer Program Manager
Autodesk
Message 7 of 8
Darin_HDR

Did this start on October 19th. This happened to a bunch of people in offices I am using C4R to collaborate with where Autodesk canceled their free 60 day trial about 20 days in. I wasn't directly involved but I know Autodesk did not respond to their request to instate the free trial and to date they never got it back. You may have to pay for C4R. Seems like the direction Autodesk went with this.

Message 8 of 8
stevie_kelly

@AdamPeter and @Darin_HDR Thanks for your suggestions. I managed to fix it. The online side of everything was working fine so I came to the conclusion there was something wrong with Revit. I Uninstalled Revit and then reinstalled it. this made no difference at all. it turns out the folder for "Autodesk A360 Collaboration for Revit 2017" was missing from where Revit was installed. I couldn't find anywhere to download this, so I simply uninstall the Building Design Suite, deleted all the install files and downloaded and installed everything from scratch. I know that sounds like a lot of effort but it worked, so it was worth it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report