Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Sheet Size not calibrated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
matheuspalmd
659 Views, 3 Replies

Zoom Sheet Size not calibrated

Hello!! Whenever i try to use the Zoom Sheet Size it seems to not be at the real size. I tried measuring it from the screen and it show the element smaller than it should be if printed. This happens in RVT 19 and 21 and my monitor has a 2560x1080 resolution. I don't know if i'm crazy but, i'm pretty sure that this worked properly on my old computer (with a 1920x1080 resolution). Is there a way to calibrate this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: matheuspalmd

So you are literally measuring the display on your monitor and comparing it to your printed hardcopy?  

Are you using a tape measure or a wooden ruler?  

https://www.howtogeek.com/304036/HOW-TO-ADJUST-SCALING-FOR-DIFFERENT-MONITORS-IN-WINDOWS-10/

https://fotoworkspro.com/pages/how-to-get-your-prints-to-match-your-screen

Message 3 of 4
_Vijay
in reply to: matheuspalmd

Like this????

Message 4 of 4
matheuspalmd
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes and no...

I use the Zoom Sheet Size to check if something will be too big or too small on the sheet before printing, but i do this just visually because a long time ago i cheked to see if it was at the right size, thus not requiring to measure every time.

On my old pc, as i said, this worked as intended. Whatever i've drawn had matched the exact size as if being printed.

Now, om my new monitor (that has a bigger resolution) this is a bit off. Let's say that i drawn a 1cm line. If i set the view to 1:1 and use the Zoom Sheet Size, this line should be the exact 1cm if i measure it with a ruler. However, the drawing seems to be a little smaller.

This doesn't have to do with the view scale, as i'm using a scale ruler (see below) and this happens in whatever scale that i use.

This is the ruler that i use. It  goes from 1:20 to 1:125. I don't know the name of it in englishThis is the ruler that i use. It goes from 1:20 to 1:125. I don't know the name of it in english

For some reason, if use the Zoom Sheet Size and then scroll just a little bit (just one step closer) it seems to be at the right size. 

This is not a major issue but is kinda depressing that it worked flawlessly before. I think that maybe this resolution is not supported yet for this command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report