Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Extents With Extra Space.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
ChrisGamble
1872 Views, 12 Replies

Zoom Extents With Extra Space.

When I try to zoom extents on a sheet in my model it zooms out with extra space around the sheet. The view on the sheet is cropped, I tried selecting all the space around the sheet and in the view with it uncropped but I wasn't able to pick up anything. I unhid everything through visibility graphics (no view template was applied), but nothing showed up that would make zoom extents zoom out so far. I showed the work plane and it is much further out past the zoom extents, there are also other objects further out but the zoom extents doesn't go out that far. So its something in middle that isn't as far out as the actual extents of the model but further than the sheet. How can I resolve this? 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ChrisGamble
in reply to: ChrisGamble

-

Message 3 of 13
Ramina_B

Have you tried to edit the titleblockfamily, and look for reference lines?

Message 4 of 13
ChrisGamble
in reply to: Ramina_B

Yea I just checked. That wasn't it, I also didn't mention that my other sheets are fine, and if it was a titleblock issue I would think it would effect all my sheets.

Message 5 of 13
Ramina_B

Did you check the annotation crop also?

Any guide grids added?

Can you screenshot your screen (one with Reveal Hidden items on, and one without)  - Maybe others can catch something unknown

Message 6 of 13
ChrisGamble
in reply to: Ramina_B

Annotation crop is within the sheet, no guide grids are applied, and the ones that exist are within the sheet once applied. I unfortunately cannot screenshot the sheet because it contains sensitive information. 

Message 7 of 13

It can be>

-Annotation Crop or Crop view

-Autocad import

-Some reference plane of line 

-Project base point 

-Some structural connection (even if you crop they don't hide)

Let me know

Message 8 of 13
barthbradley

Have you tried Reveal Hidden Elements? 

I've had something like this happen when I was using the group workaround to create a filled region on a Sheet.  Could it be related to a Detail Group placed on the Sheet?    

Message 9 of 13

Tried all those, and none were the solution.

Message 10 of 13
ChrisGamble
in reply to: barthbradley

I tried revealing hidden elements and it shows nothing. No detail groups are on the sheet.

Message 11 of 13
joe_keogh

Hi @ChrisGamble 

Are there any Model in Place elements in the project? also Model Groups which have been copied?

Joe Keogh
Director | Design Technology + Innovation
www.viewlistic.com.au

Message 12 of 13

Maybe if you share some sort of screen cast we can be more helpful

Message 13 of 13
FUHRCON

Somewhat having this same issue except it looks like it's the coordinates symbol but there's nothing to select and i've also tried hiding the project and survey base points, checked if i had grouped elements that had something extra in it but this is affecting all views floor plans, elevations, sections. Something that isn't showing up is dictating my zoom extents.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report