Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walls and storefronts

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
393 Views, 9 Replies

Walls and storefronts

I'm learning Revit. Lot's of people are doing that now and I thank Autodesk for having the Assistance program. I worked my way through the 360 page tutorial from Autodesk. Well, actually I stopped at interior rendering because I was anxious to start to recreate an AutoCAD project in Revit. So, then I started watching the Revit online tutorial from vOffice, also through the Assistance. Fantastic tutorial. I would like to personally thank the instructor if I can get his email address.

I'm STUCK. I placed a storefront and selected unconstrained and a height of 10 FT. Now I am unable to create another storefront or any wall with the wall constrained without getting an error stating that the top of the wall is below the base of the wall. Oops. What did I do?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Never mind. I figured out my boneheaded mistake. I was selecting the floor I was drawing on as the wall's height instead of the level above.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I am still having a problem. The attached file has two walls, 6" Generic placed from Level 1 up to Level 2. Then I placed storefront following the centerline of the walls. The storefront is attached to the walls. Since I could not specify a 10 FT height for the storefront, I modified their instances to set the top 6 FT from Level 2 (16 FT floor to floor height).

I think I also nudged the storefronts 1/2 IN so the face of the storefronts align with the face of the walls above. The problem is at the corner of the storefronts. There is still a little sliver of wall extending to the floor. I deleted one of the vertical mullions and changed the remaining mullion type to a quad (square). The storefront looks good but there is still a sliver of wall coming down.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

vOffice?
address?

Thus said mrdavie:
> I'm learning Revit. Lot's of people are doing that now and I thank
> Autodesk for having the Assistance program. I worked my way through
> the 360 page tutorial from Autodesk. Well, actually I stopped at
> interior rendering because I was anxious to start to recreate an
> AutoCAD project in Revit. So, then I started watching the Revit
> online tutorial from vOffice, also through the Assistance. Fantastic
> tutorial. I would like to personally thank the instructor if I can
> get his email address.
>
> I'm STUCK. I placed a storefront and selected unconstrained and a
> height of 10 FT. Now I am unable to create another storefront or any
> wall with the wall constrained without getting an error stating that
> the top of the wall is below the base of the wall. Oops. What did I
> do?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Check this out. All I did was edit the profile of the 2 walls.

Wiley
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

www.myvbooks.com
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

You mean you aligned it with the inside of the generic wall?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

try myvbooks.com but I am not sure if you can get to it outside of Autodesk. I think there is a cookie or something that takes me specifically to my registered location at myvbooks. You may have to go through Autodesk education.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

My first response to your comment was lame because I thought you had modified the storefront profiles but then I reread your sentence and you said you edited the profile of the 2 walls. What did you do?
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Go to an exterior elevaton view. Click on the wall. In the ribbon you will see "edit profile". Click on that. The outline of the wall will display in a purple color. You can then edit these lines, cut holes in the wall, remove corner, etc. Then save it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report