Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall will not miter @ complex corner

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kpm_architect
991 Views, 2 Replies

Wall will not miter @ complex corner

Trouble getting my walls to miter correctly - I have a corner bump out that jogs 4" (see image Good Wall) and works as a Butt join - which is not what I need.

This is an existing building - so the problem becomes compounded when I try and create Wall Parts that show demo portions (see image Bad Wall). It has a stucco band up 10' that needs to be removed.

The result is an End wall at my corners.

Good Wall.jpg

Bad Wall.jpg

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: kpm_architect

This happens a lot when the thickness of the wall is greater than the return depth (i.e. a 12" thick wall and a 4" bump-out), and results will vary depending on where within the wall the control points lie.

I'd recommend splitting the walls up into the various components at conditions like these (i.e. a gyp+stud+air cavity wall and a brick-only wall).  You can place them both, then manually Join them (Modify tab) to get rid of the heavy line between the two parts.  Otherwise, you're going to be going back and dragging wall ends back and forth praying for the wall join condition you want every couple of days, as Revit seems to like to tweak the joins you've "approved" every time something new interacts with a joined object.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3
kpm_architect
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks Ross - looks like the best way to go. I'll try it and let you know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report