Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall visibility problem

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mirceaatbowtie
1434 Views, 8 Replies

Wall visibility problem

Hello everyone,

A bit of weird one which I cannot figure out. It might be a simple thing and brain is buffering as this is a Friday.

I am having problem with visibility of a wall in two different views. I have a 'working view' that shows the element and a 'drawing view' for the sheet where I cannot see the element. The 'drawing view' is done with a plan region if that is relevant.

Here is what I tried so far:

- lightbulb trick. Go lightbulb in the drawing plan, go to working plan and select elements, and as you can see in the attached screenshot the element does not appear so I can select unhide at the top.

- tried switching discipline to architecture/coordination . Still not shown

- made a View Template based on my 'working plan' and tried to apply to 'drawing plan' and that did not work

- tried to set the view range of the plan region in the drawing plan to the same as the view range in the working plan ....

- no filters set

- elements are set in the same phase

Running out of ideas. Any thoughts ?

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
syman2000
in reply to: mirceaatbowtie

Do you have workset in the project?

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 9
mirceaatbowtie
in reply to: syman2000

I do have worksets but the small wall next to it is on the same workset. I also double checked now and the worksets are set to visible in the view

Message 4 of 9

Can you post the file?  

Message 5 of 9

Not at work at the moment ... I prefer not to upload the file if that is possible....

Will get in tomorrow and can try to remove all of the other stuff that is not problematic.

Any other ideas I can try before I upload a reduced model ? 

Message 6 of 9

@mirceaatbowtie wrote:

Any other ideas I can try before I upload a reduced model ? 

I have a whole bunch of ideas.  If I had the file in front me, I'd know which ones to try - and which ones not to.   😉

Talk to you later. 

Message 7 of 9

Ok here we go

My working drawing view in which I see the element is : Floor Plan -> Architectural -> Working -> Floor Plan : Ground Floor

My drawing for the sheet can be found in Floor Plan -> Architectural -> Drawing -> Floor Plan: D202 - Architectural : Ground Floor.

The slippery invisible wall is type "Structural Blockwork with Insulation" ID 542611

Message 8 of 9
syman2000
in reply to: mirceaatbowtie

Your plan region crop need to extend to show the wall.

plan region.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 9 of 9
mirceaatbowtie
in reply to: syman2000

Ooohhh okk ..

Something that simple huh...*facepalm* 

So the element needs to be fully within the plan region to work...

Thank you very much. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators