Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall mounted wc

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2992 Views, 5 Replies

wall mounted wc

Hello. I need to create a wall up to 1meter for a mounted WC. Which type or element should I use?

Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure what you're asking. You need a wall one meter high? One meter thick? Either way, if you need a wall, it is advisable that you use a wall, unless there is some condition required that Revit walls just cannot achieve on their own.

Message 3 of 6
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

If I understood you well , your question is more a technical then a Revit one...

If you use a mounted wall wc , you' ll probably need a  steel structure made by one of specialized providers. You can find these devices in one of the sites with BIM objects ( BIMobjects. NBS-National Bim Library, Autodesk Seek) In my screenshot are objects from BIMobjects - made by Geberit)

This steel structure is usuallly enveloped in a gypsum board (water proofed) on steel structure  "box" - a wall with a limited height around 90 cm or 1,00 meter...

extract a family from, and insert it into your project :

Image 1.png

and then make a wall to cover the system:

FP-FRAME08--T.gif

GE-TFRAME01--T.gif

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

constantin,

In the USA we call those "carriers." Most all wall-mounted plumbing fixtures have various carriers available for different wall conditions.

I personally don't bother putting them in my Revit models. The plumbing suppliers I use know to look at the wall types and quote the appropriate carriers along with the fixtures.

Message 5 of 6

Chris,

I think, I do understand now how do you proceed in USA .

Here , in Europe , we work usually , with small spaces  and ,especially, when we have to change function of an existing old building without the possibility of a volume extension, every centimeter counts.

So we have to ask the plumbing engineer the overall dimensions of the "carriers" in order to know exactly the width of the wall if this is made of gypsumboard or when the wc is placed nearby a masonry wall and we want that the water tank to be hidden to make sort of low wall ( around 1,0 m high ) obtaining a sort of shelf along the main wall, as in my attached image....

I don't know if the question was really about this, but I tried to explain how we manage the interior space in case of placing cantilivered plumbing fixtures that use "carriers" .

into a gypsumboard wall1.pnginto a gypsumboard wall2.pngnearby a wall.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

@constantin.stroescu

@chrisplyler

Thanks both for your messages and help.

My main concern now is the best way to draw the HORIZONTAL gypsum board to enclose the wc with the wall. 

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators