Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Mounted Handrail Clearance

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sbrandsrud
785 Views, 5 Replies

Wall Mounted Handrail Clearance

I have an issue where my wall mounted handrail supports are inside of the wall. I've attached a PDF showing my settings and how the support is behaving. My understanding is that I shouldn't need to adjust the instance parameter within the support family because it is driven by the handrail hand clearance. If I adjust either the railing offset from path or the handrail hand clearance in the handrail family I cannot seem to get it to align correctly. I'm sure I'm missing something pretty obvious here but any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hmunsell
in reply to: sbrandsrud

the support is part of the Handrail type.

• select the wall mounted handrail
  • scroll down to the Handrail 1/2 and pick the Type
  • this should open the handrail type properties
  • edit the Hand Clearance option

the support is its own family, you may need to edit the support family type to shorten or lengthen it as needed.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
sbrandsrud
in reply to: hmunsell

@hmunsell I have the hand clearance of handrail 1 set to 1 1/2" as shown in the image attached to my initial post. The separate support family doesn't seem to respond to me flexing this parameter and always maintains the 3" length. The 3" hand clearance dimension of the support family is an instance parameter and would require me to select each support independently and modify it. It seems like there should be an easier solution?

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: sbrandsrud

Yes, you are correct. Post a couple of  screenshots of your Rail Properties -- or just post the Project.  

...my guess is that you have a negative baluster offset (-3/4"). Yes, even though you have no balusters.  

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: barthbradley

BTW: I was responding to your 1st post, not your last post. 

Bal1.pngBal2.png

Message 6 of 6
sbrandsrud
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley That did it! I knew I was missing something relatively straight forward. Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report