Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Mass Problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
PhilvK
430 Views, 7 Replies

Wall Mass Problem

I created the sloping wall element below by making an in-place component under the Wall Family Category because I wanted to create it using the Blend option, and did not see Blend in the in-place Massing option. But by not having created it under massing, I can’t use wall-by-face to assign a stone material, or stone wall type to it. Can someone please advise what I should have done?

Mass Material.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dbroad
in reply to: PhilvK

Can't you just assign the material to the wall's structure by using edit type?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 8
RDAOU

@PhilvK

Blend is found under Component > Model In-Place <Slect a Category> ...Then you see the Blend Sweep, Extrusion ...etc

However; if you did In-Place Mass using Massing and Site...Add Material Parameter in the In-Place Mass. Then you can access it from within the project using the Type Properties.

Hopefully this Helps ..If it does mark is Accept as Solution...

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 8
L.Maas

When create an in place mass. Draw two squares on two different heights. Then use the create form

This creates a blend.

Blend.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 8
RDAOU

@PhilvK

See the alternatives...I would use those over In-Place Mass

Hopefully this Helps ..If it does mark is Accept as Solution...

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 8
PhilvK
in reply to: dbroad

I did that, but the material pattern doesn’t appear, even though the surface pattern is selected and appears in the Material Browser. Does it have something to do with the fact that the only category I have to set materials is Structural Material?

Material.jpg

Message 7 of 8
RDAOU

@PhilvK

Add a Finish Material Parameter as shown in second screencast...actually the second screencast it the preferable solution (I wouldn't use in-place mass)

Sent from my iPhone

Message 8 of 8
PhilvK
in reply to: RDAOU

Yes, thank you all for your help. I sent my reply before I had received your excellent videos.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report