Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walkthrough Export Issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
DEI-Miller
1967 Views, 5 Replies

Walkthrough Export Issue

Hi. When I try to export a Walkthrough with a Visual Style greater than 'Consistent Colors' my computer crashes. The computer I'm using has Windows 10, Intel i7-6800k @ 3.40 GHz, 32GB RAM, the video card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. We were able to create fully rendered Walkthroughs from previous projects on this machine but the person in charge of it has since left. I've tried adjusting the Output Length and Format Dimensions within Revit but whenever I change the Visual Style to 'Realistic' or 'Rendering' it crashes. Are there any other settings I need to adjust within Revit? Or, are there changes I need to make to the hardware? I tried messing with the Manage 3D Settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel but not sure if that's the answer. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dzanta
in reply to: DEI-Miller

If you switched the Visual Style to Realistic, Revit is then looking at the material library and files associated to ensure rendering looks correct.  Have you tried rendering this on another machine to see if it crashes as well?  It could either be your machine is just running at very high capacity (check resources within Task Manager) or there is a material file association that is off or corrupt.  If you render it on another machine with similar specs and it renders fine (as in not crashing), then the issue lies with the machine that can't render.  If the issue shows up on the second machine and Revit crashes, then the Revit model and associated material files may be at fault.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 6
L.Maas

You can try to disable hardware acceleration and see if that helps.

What I have done in the past is export the individual frames as images and then use other software (e.g ffmpeg) to convert them to a mp4. Advantage is that you can it in small batches and when it crashes it only looses the last frame.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

is the computer crashing or is revit crashing?

the gpu is not used for rendering in revit

if the computer is crashing your computer maybe overheating you will need to check your temps of the cpu & check to see if there is a lot of dust inside your computer & clean it out

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 6
DEI-Miller
in reply to: L.Maas

I really appreciate the responses I received for this issue.

I finally finished walkthroughs for two different projects last week.

A few days after my initial post, we wiped out our 32GB machine (Windows and all) and still had crashing issues. Tried using 4 different computers and all crashed. I came around to accept that crashing is part of the process. I was very reluctant but ended up rendering individual jpg images for both of my walkthroughs as opposed to exporting directly to avi. By going the jpg route, I was able to progress through computer crashes by picking up from where the errors occurred. When the avi crashed (which was every time using the necessary higher render setting) I had to start over from the beginning. I downloaded a version of Microsoft Movie Maker to stitch together the images into an mp4.

Thanks again to everyone who took time to respond.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Man you saved my day! I need to do the same and I never thought about it!

I love you man ... now I have a better idea to make only one walkthrought instead of many and I can create the mp4 in the end ... if i Need to change something in the future I just need to replace the JPGs instead of creating a full video again! AWSOME!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators